PLYMOUTH, N.H. - The Husson University Eagles (4-14) were back in action on Saturday, dropping a pair of matches at Foley Gym. Both matches finished up with the final score of 3-1, as the UMass Dartmouth Corsairs and the Plymouth State University Panthers took a pair of wins from the Eagles.
UMass Dartmouth 3, Husson 1 (25-20, 22-25, 25-18, 25-15)
The Corsairs rode a 9-3 run to victory in the first set, despite the Eagles fighting back and managing to cross the 20-point threshold. Led by 10 kills from Mary Grace Power, the Green and Gold remained competitive and answered back, taking the second set before falling in four sets.
- Cheyenne Young chipped in nine digs in the effort
- Hanna Hembrow tallied 28 of the Eagles' 38 assists
- Amber Lemay finished the match with a team-high 10 digs
- Nicole Silverman was the leading attacker, responsible for 13 kills
- Riley Thomas proved helpful, setting up 16 assists
- Jillian Sykora had a match-high 16 digs
Plymouth State 3, Husson 1 (25-18, 25-16, 23-25, 25-16)
The Panthers clawed themselves out of an early hole, rattling off nine unanswered points on their way to victory in the first set. After another Panthers victory in the second, the Eagles won the third set before dropping the fourth.
- Power once again was the top attacker for the Eagles, contributing 15 kills
- Cat Torres played in all four sets, finishing with 14 assists
- Hembrow provided solid play, racking up 12 assists and two block assists
- Carabeth Norklum tied for the match-high of 15 kills
- Alexa Price had a day setting up kills, posting 37 assists
- Alisha Flanagan provided her team 10 digs and a flow of points with seven aces
The Husson Eagles return home to play host to Colby College on Wednesday, October 2nd, with a start time of 7:00 p.m. in Newman Gym.