STANDISH, Maine - The Eagles had a long day between two sets that were pushed beyond 25 points and five sets on the day that were won by a mere two points. Despite the back-and-forth trade of points, the Husson women's volleyball came up short in two matches to Colby-Sawyer College and Saint Joseph's College (Maine) on Saturday afternoon in a tri-match hosted by the Monks.
COLBY-SAWYER 3, HUSSON 0 ( 25-13, 25-21, 26-24)
After a slow start today in the first set, the Eagles found their groove and began the trek to a comeback. Unfortunately, Husson volleyball came up just short in the final set battling the Chargers to match point before falling behind by two.
LEADERS – HUSSON:
- On the attack, Cheyenne Young hit six kills for the Eagles while both Mary Grace Power and Sophia Pagliarini each contributed five.
- Both Hanna Hembrow and Serena Laro helped stopp four attack attempts each with four total blocks.
- Hembrow also added on seven digs and 19 assists.
- Adrienne Beatty grabbed the team-high 14 digs on defense.
LEADERS - COLBY-SAWYER
- Rebecca Straubel led her team with 13 kills, nine digs, and a pair of aces.
- Anna Allen added a double-double with 24 assists and 12 digs.
- Maeve Powell also posted seven kills and hit .500.
SAINT JOSEPH'S 3, HUSSON 1 (23-25, 25-23, 27-25, 25-23)
The Eagles kicked off the finale with a 25-23 triumph, but the Monks responded with three hotly-contested victories to rally back in three-straight sets.
LEADERS – HUSSON:
- Cheyenne Young led the Eagles with eight kills and added seven digs.
- Amber Lemay and Adrienne Beatty split the workload on defense, scooping up 10 digs apiece while Lemay also smashed over three aces.
- Hanna Hembrow pitched in a double-double between a team-high 11 digs and 33 assists, while also posting four total blocks.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Erin Olson recorded a career-high 15 kills with a .323 attack rate.
- Hanna Holden notched an impressive triple-double with 10 kills, 32 assists, and 13 digs.
- Madison Provencher contributed 21 digs and five assists.
- Sarah Quinn added six kills, five assists, three digs, and five total blocks.
Husson will host Unity College on Tuesday, September 24th for a single match at 6:30 p.m. in Newman Gym.