BRUNSWICK, Maine - Husson University competed in the 2016 Maine State Indoor Track & Field Championship at Bowdoin College on Friday evening. The Eagles finished in fifth place with a program record 38 total points in the event.
Bates College won the team title with 214 points. Colby College was runner-up with 176.50 points followed by Bowdoin with 149.50, Southern Maine with 138 was fourth and St. Joseph's rounded out the field with six points.
The Eagles saw three school records broken by Jayda Cabrera in the 60 meter dash (8.33), the group of Tamara Rodriguez, Alecia Palmer, Morgan Clifford and Brooke Hoople in the 4x200 meter relay (1:52.61) and the quartet of Palmer, Paige Rainford, Clifford and Kateri Jeffery in the 4x400 meter relay (4:58.72).
Hoople became the fourth Eagle to qualify for the DIII New England Championship, when she made the cut time in the 200 meter dash with a time of 27.74.
- Cabrera placed 9th in the 60 meter dash (8.33) and 11th in the 200 meter dash (27.74).
- Hoople finished 13th in the 60 meter dash (8.44) and 5th in the 200 meter dash (27.04).
- Katie Cotton was 15th in the 60 meter dash (8.62) and 8th in the 60 meter hurdles (10.01).
- Shea Curley took 18th in the 60 meter dash (9.22) and 22nd in the 200 meter dash (30.92).
- Samantha Berwick placed 21st in the 60 meter dash (10.36) and 28th in the 200 meter dash (35.47).
- Kelly Kashian finished 23rd in the 200 meter dash (31.49), 9th in the high jump (1.43m) and 19th in the long jump (3.88m).
- Rainford was 9th in the 400 meter dash (1:10.64).
- Erika Trailkill took 11th in the 400 meter dash (1:23.46).
- Clifford placed 13th in the 800 meter dash (2:45.77).
- Palmer finished 9th in the 1000 meter dash (3:14.78).
- Jeffery was 12th in the 1 mile run (6:00.53).
- Kerianne Downing took 13th in the 60 meter hurdles (10.48), 8th in the high jump (1.43m) and in the shot put (10.10m).
- Jessica Dessert placed 16th in the 60 meter hurdles (12.07)
- The group of Tamara Rodriguez, Palmer, Clifford and Hoople combined to finish 4th in the 4x200 meter relay with a time of 1:52.61.
- The quartet of Palmer, Rainford, Clifford and Jeffery finished 4th in the 4x400 meter relay with a time of 4:58.72.
- Kathrine Medeiros, Thraikill, Clifford and Jeffery run together to finish 5th in the 4x800 meter relay with a time of 12:53.25.
- Casey Modery was 11th in the high jump (1.38m), 15th in the long jump (4.15m), 5th in the triple jump (10.13m).
- Jaclyn MacDonald finished 8th in the pole vault (2.45m) and 21st in the shot put (6.64m).
- Rodriguez placed 16th in the long jump (4.14m), 13th in the triple jump (9.17m).
- Erin Ellison took 5th in the shot put (10.38m) and 2nd in the weight throw (15.37m).
- Faith Burnett was 12th in the shot put (9.54m) and 9th in the weight throw (11.70m).
- Natalie Bunton finished 18th in the shot put (8.28m) and 15th in the weight throw (7.89m).
- Elizabeth Hilliard placed 20th in the shot put (6.85m) and 16th in the weight throw (5.57m).
The Eagles are back in action on Friday, February 19th at the 2016 New England Division III Indoor Championship Meet hosted by Middlebury College.