WELLESLEY, Mass. - The first day of the 2020 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship is complete and the Husson University women sit in fourth place through eight events with 113 points.
Simmons University leads the pack with 193 points while Norwich University (126), Colby-Sawyer (117), Husson, and Regis College (108) round out the top five.
- The quartet of Ellie Clarke, Maddie Wing, Morgan Veilleux and Abby Ketch finished fifth in the 200 Free Relay with a new school record time of 1:45.71, an effort worth 36 points.
- Erin Aucoin finished fourth in the 1650 Free (19:43.00), an effort worth 19 points.
- Jillian Clapp placed seventh in the 1650 Free (20:48.86), an effort worth 16 points.
- Ashleigh Beaudoin was 13th in the 1650 Free (25:10.33), an effort worth eight points.
- Clarke, Emily Grinnell, Wing, and Ketch capped off day one of the 2020 GNAC Championship for the women by finishing sixth in the 200 Medley Relay with a new school record time of 2:00.40, an effort worth 34 points.
Action continues tomorrow at the Boston Sports Institute with the prelims starting at 10:30 a.m. and finals at 6:00 p.m.