CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Husson University women's swimming & diving team finished in 16th place at the 2019 New England Intercollegiate Swimming & Diving Association (NEISDA) Championship with 188 points.
Simmons University took home their second straight NEISDA crown with 1410.5 points, while Roger Williams University (1257), Brandeis University (1115.5), Keene State College (1018), and Bridgewater State University (676) rounded out the top five.
- Kayla Redman placed 33rd in the 100 Free (1:00.11). Redman scored 12.5 points for the Eagles over the duration of the meet.
- Erin Aucoin finished in 13th place in the 1650 free with a new school record time of 19:42.06, an effort worth 14 points. The previous record of 20:16.01 held by Amanda Mason stood for nine years. Aucoin also finished the meet with the second most points scored in a NEISDA Championship meet by a freshman with 57 and the most by a freshman in 14 years.
- Jelena Graef was 39th in the 50 Back (34.31). Graef scored 5.5 points for the Eagles over the duration of the meet.
- In Sunday morning's preliminaries, Ava Emery qualified in 12th place for the evening finals in the 200 Fly. She then posted a finals time of 2:25.44 in the 200 Fly as she eclipsed her previous HU mark of 2:25.57 set her preliminary swim to place 12th overall, an effort worth 15 points. Emery finished the meet with 29.5 points, the fourth most points scored by a freshman at this meet.
- Ashley Clark took a 20th place finish in the 200 Fly, her final intercollegiate individual race of her career, with a time of 2:43.17, an effort worth five points. Clark tallied 17.5 points and will finish her HU career with the second most points scored in program history with 462. Clark earned seven first place finishes, 21 second place finishes and 13 third place finishes during her time at Husson.
- Maddie Wing placed 16th in the 100 IM with a time of 1:08.83, an effort worth 11 points. Wing recorded the third most points by a freshman at a NESIDA Championship Meet with 40.
- Aucoin, Redman, Clark and Wing swim together to finish in 14th place in the 400 Free Relay with a new school record time of 3:58.72, an effort worth 26 points.
This concludes the 2018-19 Husson Women's Swimming & Diving season.