Oct 08, 2017
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Husson University women's soccer team was defeated by Bowdoin, 4-0, on Sunday afternoon.
The Eagles drop to 6-5-0 on the year, while the Polar Bears climb to 7-3-1.
- Morgen Gallagher opened the scoring for Bowdoin with the lone first half tally at 20:17.
- Seven minutes later, Brianna Saulter nearly tallied an equalizer as her shot form the top of the box ricocheted off the crossbar and out of play.
- Talia Missan picked the ball off a Husson defender from six yards out and turned back on net for a quick touch to double Bowdoin's goal tally.
- Julia Patterson gave the Polar Bears some room as her shot to the right post was initially saved by Sami Ireland, but ultimately trickled across the goal line in the 73rd minute.
- Nikki Wilson capped the day with a redirect finish on an end line feed from Aine Lawlor with under three to play.
By the Numbers
- Sami Ireland ended the day with 13 saves for the Eagles.
- Sabrina Albanese made a pair of stops to record the shutout.
- Bowdoin outshot Husson by a 27-4 margin and held a 7-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Husson hosts New England College for senior day on October 14 with a 3:00 pm start.