BANGOR, Maine - Husson University (6-5, 2-1 NAC) tallied a season-high 17 goals in the first half of a conference game with Northern Vermont University-Lyndon (0-9, 0-3 NAC) on a windy Thursday evening to help ease into a 23-2 victory by the end of 60 minutes.
How It Happened…
Husson opened the scoring by way of a Mary Cushing free position shot at the 27:38 mark to put the Eagles up 1-0, as they continued to find the back of the net consistently throughout the first 30 minutes. A Maddy Olsen goal assisted by Rose Davies sent the Eagles into halftime up 17-0, as seven different Eagles tallied points.
Husson kept the offense going in the second with a Cali Newton woman-up goal assisted by Rose Davies barely four minutes into the period. NVU-Lyndon would get on the scoreboard with 13:09 left to play out of the stick of Felisha Olmstead to take a bite out of the deficit. Seven minutes later Bayla Stewart snuck one past Mallory Burchill in net for the Eagles to bring the score to 22-2 before Jordyn Labrie capped off scoring with her fourth goal of the afternoon to grab the 23-2 win.
- Maddy Olsen led the Eagles in scoring with five goals while Mary Cushing and Jordyn Labrie each contributed four.
- Ashley Cummings distributed a game-high three assists as Cali Newton, Cushing, and Rose Davies each dished two.
- Newton caused four turnovers and picked up four ground balls.
- Mallory Burchill grabbed four saves on six shots for the Eagles.
- Felisha Olmstead and Bayla Stewart each had a goal for the Hornets.
- Stewart scooped up a game-high five ground recoveries, won four draw controls, and caused three turnovers.
- In net for the Hornets, Zoe Pierce-Olhson stopped seven shots on goal.
Husson women's lacrosse will host Thomas College for their final home game of the regular season on Saturday, April 20th at 1 p.m.