WATERVILLE, Maine -The Husson Eagles (2-2) earned a win on the road on Saturday afternoon, with an impressive 15-4 triumph over the Thomas College Terriers (1-2).
IN THE ACTION:
Husson absolutely dominated the first half of play, capturing an 11-0 lead before the break. Cali Newton opened the scoring early, scoring the first two goals for the Eagles within the first two minutes of the game. Husson continued their offensive attack, essentially scoring at will, as they tacked on nine more goals before halftime. Eagle goals in the first half were scored by Newton (3), along with Mary Cushing (3), Maddy Olsen (2), Riana Winslow, Jordyn Labrie, and Rose Davies. Ashley Cummings dished the only assists in the first half as she set up four goals with ease.
Thomas opened up the second half by scoring three consecutive goals while holding Husson scoreless in the first 20 minutes, but the deficit was too much to overcome. The Eagles' would go on to score four more goals in the game, and eventually earn a 15-4 conference win on the road. Second half goals were scored by Cushing (2) and Olsen (2).
- Mary Cushing led the Eagles offensively with five total goals in the game.
- Maddy Olsen stepped up on offense, and contributed four goals in a winning effort for the Eagles.
- Cali Newton helped Husson earn the win, picking up a hat trick in the first half.
- Ashley Cummings was the lone Eagle to feed an assist on five goals.
- Mackenzie Driscoll had two goals in the effort for Thomas.
- Nikki Bradstreet also tacked on a goal for the Terriers.
- Alexis Felch finished with one goal and one assist.
The Eagles will be on the road once again, when they take on Colby-Sawyer on Monday, March 25th. Game time is set for 3 PM.