VOORHEESVILLE, N.Y. – Katie Goulet (89-91) finished in eighth place with a two-day score of 180 to lead the Eagles to a fifth place finish at the 2019 Northeast Women's Golf Conference (NWGC) Championship at the Colonie Golf & Country Club. Husson recorded a two-day total of 776 (+89) after shooting a 377 on day two.
SUNY Cortland took home their first NWGC title with a 687 (347-340), while Utica finished with runner-up honors with a 764 (389-375), and Suffolk placed third with a 771 (380-391) team card.
Rounding out the field were Johnson & Wales (R.I.) in fourth with a 772 (337-338), Husson, Nazareth in sixth with a 782 (388-394), Keuka in seventh with a 872 (443-429), and SUNY Canton in eighth with a 951 (491-460).
The Red Dragons' Danielle Bambola took home the individual medalist title with a two-day total of 153 to also earn NWGC Player of the Year. Rookie of the Year went to Alivia Waldrom from Cortland as she turned in a 36-hole total of 178.
The top five golfers earned First-Team All-NWGC while the next five and ties were award Second-Team All-NWGC.
FOR THE EAGLES:
- With her eighth place finish, Goulet earns her second career All-Conference honor.
- Taylor Burbo finished in a three-way tie for 17th with a two-day total of 195 (105-90)
- Makenzie Plourde shot a 97 on day two to finish with a two-day score of 200, which was good enough to tie for 23rd.
- Veronica Diaz shot two strokes better on day two to record a two-day card of 202 (102-100) and finished in 26th.
- Hailee Perkins carded a 205 (106-99) and finished 29th.
FIRST TEAM ALL-CONFERENCE
- Alexis Anastos - Johnson & Wales (R.I.)
- Danielle Bambola - SUNY Cortland
- Amanda Gaffney – SUNY Cortland
- Nicole Krause – Manhattanville
- Emily Schultz - St. John Fisher
SECOND TEAM ALL-CONFERENCE
- Nicole Antonucci - Suffolk
- Brooke Chapman - Suffolk
- Katie Goulet - Husson
- Jordana Testa - SUNY Cortland
- Abby Ainsworth - Utica
- Alivia Waldron - SUNY Cortland
The Eagles return to the links on October 20th for the first day of the 4th Annual New England Intercollegiate Golf Association (NEIGA) Championship at The Captains Golf Course in Brewster, Mass.