BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin Colllege women's basketball earned a 94-32 victory over Husson in the first round of the NCAA Women's Division III Tournament on Friday evening in Morrell Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears (25-2) will host Farleigh Dickinson-Florham in the second round on Saturday night at 7:00pm. Husson ends its season with a record of 19-10.
- Bowdoin came out hot as they went on an 18-0 run in the first quarter, gaining a quick 24-8 lead in the first.
- Bowdoin did their damage on the offensive glass, grabbing nine first quarter offensive rebounds and scoring 14 second-chance points.
- The Polar Bears capitalized on seven Husson turnovers, scoring 10 points from the Eagles mishaps in the first period.
- Kate Kerrigan scored seven points in the first for the Polar Bears.
- Kenzie Worcester added two and-ones for six total points in the first quarter.
- Husson went on a 7-2 run to begin the third quarter that included a three pointer by Worcester, a Joan Overman jumper, and Anna MacKenzie layup. This put the score at 47-21 in favor of Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin's lead increased to as many as 63 points in the fourth quarter as they cruised to the victory.
By The Numbers:
- Bowdoin shot 50% from both the field and three-point line including 11 trifectas.
- The Polar Bears held Husson to just 22% shooting and allowed just one three-pointer out of 17 Eagle attempts.
- Taylor Choate was the game-high scorer with 14 points, while also adding four rebounds and three assists.
- Kenzie Worcester was the high-scorer for Husson with 13 points, adding five rebounds. With the 13 points in tonights game, Worcester finishes the season with the second most points scored in a single-season in program history with 539.
- The Polar Bears had three players score double figures, including Kate Kerrigan and Annie Maher, who had ten points each.
- Bowdoin's bench provided a spark, recording 53 points and every Polar Bear scored in the game.
This concludes the 2017-18 season for the Husson University women's basketball team.