KINGSTON, R.I. - The third day of the 2020 New England Intercollegiate Swimming & Diving Association (NEISDA) Championship is complete and the Husson University men sit in tenth place with 100 points through 34 events.
Roger Williams University leads the pack with 711 points while Keene State College (394), Norwich University (376), Bridgewater Sate University (147), and University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth (152) round out the top five.
- Spencer Bernat placed sixth in the one-meter diving (11 dive program) with a score of 318.10 points to earn his first career All-New England honor, while becoming the first Eagle diver to achieve this honor in five years. Bernat's diving performance contributed 13 points to Husson's overall point total.
- Steven Johnston, Joe Vail, Tom Cote and Dan Egan swam together to post seventh place finish in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:45.41, an effort worth 24 points.
- T. Cote finished 18th in the 50 Fly (26.29).
- Andrew Cote was 20th in the 50 Fly (26.74).
- Jordan McCoy placed 28th in the 50 Fly (28.74).
- Adam Colter was 33rd in the 50 Fly (30.29).
- Johnston took an eighth place finish in the 100 Back (56.82) to earn his fourth All-New England honor of his career and his second of the meet. His performance in the 100 Back added 11 points to the Eagles' total points.
- The group of Johnston, Egan, T. Cote, Vail finished in sixth place in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:32.31 to register 26 points for the Eagles.
The action concludes on Sunday, February 16th at URI's Tootell Aquatic Center with the preliminary events starting at 10:00 a.m. and the finals kicking off at 5:30 p.m.