BOSTON - The Husson University men's swimming & diving team sits in third place through 22 events of the 2019 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship with 66 points.
Norwich University compiled 180 points to swim past Regis College (118) for the lead with the Eagles sitting in third place, followed by Saint Joseph's (Maine) (51), Elms (49), University of Saint Joseph (Conn.) (27) and Colby-Sawyer (7).
- Joe Vail finished third in the 200 Back (2:15.34) to earn his first career All-GNAC honor and sixth in the 50 Breast (31.53), an effort worth nine points.
- Tom Cote was sixth in the 200 Back (2:28.92), an effort worth three points.
- Steven Johnston won the 100 Free with a new school record time of 47.65 to become the first freshman in program history to a GNAC individual champion, while earning his first All-GNAC honor. With the victory, Johnston added nine points to the Eagles team totals. He also led off the 400 Medley with a new school mark of 56.56 in the 100 Back.
- Dan Egan was eighth in the 50 Breast (31.81), an effort worth one point.
- Johnston, Vail, Cote and Egan combined to finished third in the 400 Medley Relay with a new school record time of 3:59.22, an effort worth 12 points.
The action concludes on Sunday, February 3rd at the Holmes Sports Center with the preliminary events starting at 9:30 a.m. and the finals kicking off at 4:00 p.m.