STANDISH, Maine - The Husson University men's swimming & diving team defeated Saint Joseph's College of Maine, 112-106 at the Harold Alfond Center on Saturday afternoon to win just their second ever first dual meet of the season since the men's program was reestablished as a varsity sport after a 39 year hiatus in 2013. This victory also mark the third time the Eagles have defeated the Monks in their home pool in program history.
- The quartet of Freshman Steven Johnston, Freshman Joe Vail, Senior Caelan Lecrone and Freshman Dan Egan combined to win in the 200 Medley Relay with a new school record time of 1:50.10. The previous school record of 1:53.86 was held by James Nealey, Connor Winchenbach, Grant Gerber and Lou DeLima II for four years.
- Junior Adam Colter finished second in the 1000 Free (12:51.82), and in the 500 Free (6:20.66).
- Sophomore Tom Cote took third in the 200 Free (2:08.46), and in the 100 IM (1:05.19) and placed second in the 100 Fly (1:06.50).
- Freshman Jordan McCoy won the 50 Back (32.07) and took fourth in the 50 Fly (30.36).
- Vail finished second in the 50 Breast (32.56), and in the 100 Breast (1:12.14) and won the 100 IM with a new school record time of 1:02.55.
- Lecrone placed third in the 100 Fly (1:12.60) and in the 50 Fly (28.38).
- Johnston won the 50 Free with a new school record time of 22.44, the 100 Free (51.19) and the 50 Fly with a new school record of 26.05, while breaking James Nealy's four year school record in the 50 Back, leading off the Medley Relay with a time of 26.28.
- Egan placed third in the 50 Free (25.31), and in the 100 Free (57.65).
- Senior Alex Miles was fourth in the 50 Free (27.43), the 100 Free (1:01.59) and the 100 IM (1:15.22).
- Lecrone, Cote, Colter and Egan swam together to finish second in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:43.39.
The Eagles will return to the pool on Saturday, November 3rd at the 7th Annual Louise Goodrum Invitational, hosted by UMass Dartmouth.