BIDDEFORD, Maine – The Husson University men's lacrosse team (0-1) opened up their 2020 season in the bitter cold at the University of New England (1-0) with a 20-2 loss.
IN THE ACTION:
Garett Bozek led the Nor'easters with four goals as the hosts tallied 17 goals in the first half. Gunner McAllister got the Eagles on the board with a goal in the first quarter and assisted in the Eagles' second goal from first-year Griffin Madore to cut the deficit early in the third frame. Husson matched UNE in the third period with one goal and held the Nor'easters to just two tallies in the final quarter to wrap up the action on the afternoon.
The Nor'easters led the Eagles in shots (55-11), ground balls (55-26), and face-offs (16-10).
UNE split time in goal with Sam MacKenzie allowing one goal and recording one save and Jake Kampner notching two saves and allowing one goal.
LEADERS – HUSSON:
- McAllister ended the game with two points from a goal and an assist.
- Madore scored his first collegiate goal and picked up four ground balls.
- Owen Richmond won six of thirteen face-offs.
LEADERS – UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND:
- Bozek earned five points on four goals and one assist.
- Noah Luccini was credited with three goals and four assists for seven points.
- Jared Duffy led with five ground balls and eight of thirteen faceoffs.
- Adam Race caused two turnovers.
Husson continues play this weekend at UMass-Boston. The Beacons will host the Eagles on Saturday, February 22nd at 1:00 p.m.