Glazier Scores OT Game Winner to Help Men's Lacrosse Grab First Win Over USM in Program History

Photo by Monty Rand Photography
Photo by Monty Rand Photography

BANGOR, Maine - Senior Zach Glazier scored with 1:57 remaining in the first sudden-death overtime period to give the Husson University Eagles a 14-13 victory over the visiting University of Southern Maine Huskies in a non-conference men's lacrosse game Friday afternoon at Boucher Field.

The win was the first of the 2019 campaign for the Eagles (1-3) in their home opener and their first win over the Huskies in program history. Glazier's goal thwarted the Huskies (2-1) comeback attempt after being down 13-9 in the fourth quarter. 


The Eagles and Huskies traded goals in the first period of play, as Husson's Adam Littlefield opened up scoring with an assist from Mitch Spurr barely a minute into the action. The Huskies answer would come just over two minutes later, when Collin Kenney found the back of the net from a Paul Leonardo pass after the Huskies narrowly escaped a bit of Husson pressure on their net. The Eagles would regain the lead with 1:04 left on the clock from a solo effort by Gunner McAllister, but with 28 seconds left, Southern Maine's Tristan Dundas would tie things up at two to end the first period. 

The second period with immediate action on net as the Huskies scored just twenty seconds into the period via Cam Thibault on a man up goal. The Eagles came back minutes later when McAllister and Littlefield both got their second goals of the day to put the Eagles on top four to three with 11:03 to play in the period. The Huskies managed to level the score one more time with Dundas' second goal of the game and James' second assist. 

The Eagles controlled the attack over the next few minutes with three unanswered goals, as Glazier and Jaden Wells each added their names to the scoresheet while Littlefield completed his hattrick to give Husson a 7-4 lead. The Huskies never backed down on the pressure, grabbing two quick ones before the half ended, capped off by Dundas achieving a hattrick for the Huskies with a man advantage and Glazier tacking on another point, to send the Eagles into halftime up 8-6. 

Glazier powered past the Husky defense just seconds into the start of the second half, to extend Husson's lead to three. The Eagles outscored the Huskies 4-3 in the third frame to help Husson hold a three-goal advantage, 12-9, heading into the final quarter. 

Husson's goal early in the fourth would prove key as USM closed the fourth frame with four unanswered goals, including they tying goal by Bryce Randall with 57 seconds remaining in regulation, to send the game into overtime. 

The Eagles beat the Huskies to the punch, finding the back of the net first in sudden death overtime, off the stick of Glazier for his fourth goal of the afternoon, helping Husson grab the 14-13 triumph.



  • Tristan Dundas tied for the game-high of four goals.
  • Paul Leonardo and Cam Thibault each accomplished a hat trick.
  • Nick James dished four assists.
  • Steve Gilbert had a game-high seven ground ball recoveries.


Huskies' Griffin Hanson made nine saves in the effort while Matt Martin picked up the win with 23 saves.


Husson is set to host Northern Vermont University-Johnson tomorrow, Saturday, March 16th at 1 p.m. for their second home game on Boucher Field this season.