BANGOR, Maine - Husson University men's lacrosse (3-4, 3-1 NAC) was led by Jacob Boothby putting away seven goals to help defeat Maine Maritime Academy (0-6, 0-3 NAC), 19-10, in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action on Wednesday evening at Boucher Field.
1st Quarter: After firing several shots at the Mariners' net minder, Isaiah Weston, and getting turned away, the Eagles finally found net off a shot by Jaden Wells with 11:29 left on the clock, assisted by Gunner McAllister. Husson continued to hold the edge over Maine Maritime by a difference of one to two goals throughout the remainder of the first quarter (5-3), thanks to goals by five different Eagles. Sawyer Watson led the attack for the Mariners, putting away a pair of goals.
2nd Quarter: Matt Verrill helped Husson capture their largest lead so far in the game (6-3) just under two minutes into the second frame for his fifth goal of the season. Maine Maritime's Bailey Stockford brought the score within one point (7-6) with just over two minutes left to play until halftime, but Husson's Brandon Bosse returned the slight cushion of a lead to 8-6 barely a minute later.
3rd Quarter: The Eagles held the Mariners to one goal throughout the entire third quarter while Brooks Gay broke out on a hot streak, tossing in three consecutive goals over the course of 11 minutes to help add on to the security blanket of a five-goal lead for Husson (12-7).
4th Quarter: Husson continued to roll out the goals scoring six unanswered, until Watson broke the Eagles streak, tucking away one more shot for a hat trick on the night with 11:29 left to play (14-8). Alex Grant-Roy followed suit, tossing in his third goal of the match to cut the deficit down to five goals (14-9) with 6:50 on the clock. The Eagles finished strong to take the 19-10 victory.
- Boothby recorded a career-high seven goals throughout the match and added on a pair of assists.
- Gay contributed four goals and two assists.
- Wells (one assist), Adam Littlefield, and Bosse (three assists) and helped out with two goals apiece.
- Owen Richmond picked up seven ground balls.
- In between the posts, Matt Martin helped secure the win registering 10 saves.
Leaders- Maine Maritime
- Three Mariners registered hat tricks, including Watson (one assist), Grant-Roy (one assist), and Orion Sargent (two assists).
- Mitchell Farley scooped up seven ground balls.
- Zeke Tocci dished out a pair of assists.
- In net, Weston earned 13 saves in 57:30 minutes and Matthew Emery helped out for the final 2:30 minutes stopping one shot.
Husson edged Maine Maritime in ground balls (44-35) and shots (42-28), but the Mariners earned 18 faceoff wins to the Eagles' 14 wins. Husson also put away seven up-goals to Maine Maritime's one.
The Eagles will be hosting Castleton on Saturday, April 7 for Senior Day at Boucher Field with the remainder of the season left to play on the road. Faceoff is scheduled for 11 a.m.