BANGOR, Maine - The Husson University (5-2, 4-0 ECFC) football team picked up their 20th straight conference victory with a 54-14 win over Anna Maria College (1-6, 1-2 ECFC) in Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC) action on Saturday afternoon at the Dr. John W. Winkin Complex.
- Miece Loureiro ran for 87 yards on 18 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Shawn Noel, Jr. carried the ball nine times for 70 yards and scored his first career rushing touchdown.
- Solomon Hassen finished the game with 14 yards off five carries with a touchdown.
- Cory Brandon completed 20-of-27 pass attempts for 288 yards with four touchdowns to become the first quarterback in program history to throw 20 touchdowns in two different seasons.
- Brandon struck for touchdowns of 48, 40, 12, and seven yards on the afternoon.
- Corey Moore caught five Brandon passes for 78 yards with a score.
- Keyshaun Robinson caught four passes for 69 yards and recorded his seventh career touchdown catch, tying him with PJ Dowe '15 for the most career touchdown catches by a tight end in program history.
- Kyle Gaudet caught five passes to become Husson's All-Time career leader for pass receptions. The senior wide out finished the game with 63 yards and a score.
- Tyler Halls finished the game with 34 receiving yards off three receptions and a touchdown.
- Derek Barden led the Eagle defense with seven tackles (three solos, four assists, two for loss) with two sacks, two forced fumbles and a quarterback hurry.
- Zack Connolly added six tackles (five solos, one assists, two for loss) and an interception.
- Ace Curry contributed five tackles (three solos, two assists) and an interception.
- Nick Alvarez recorded five solo tackles.
- Frank Curran finished with five tackles (two solos, three assists, 2.5 for loss) and recorded 1.5 sacks.
- Matthew Montford and Quan Soyini each had an interception.
- Tarik Smith, Josh Hoy and John Chen combined to record 2.5 sacks.
FOR ANNA MARIA:
- Alex Cohen finished 17-for-29 with 187 yards, a passing touchdown, and four interceptions, while caring the ball 15 times for two yards and a rushing touchdown.
- Vincent Marrone carried the ball seven times for 20 yards and completed 1-for-2 passes for 13 yards.
- James Cavallo had two catches and 40 yards receiving.
- Marcelina Da Veiga caught four passes for 37 yards.
- Antonio Snell recorded three receptions for 34 yards
- Bailey Braga finished the game with 26 yards and one score on two receptions.
- London Chambers led the AMCATS defensive effort with 12 tackles (ten solo, two assists, one for loss).
- Aiden Folster had 11 tackles (eight solos, three assists).
- After receiving the opening kickoff, the Eagles wasted little time as Brandon found Moore for his fourth straight game with a 40-yard or more touchdown pass. This time a 48-yard score to cap off a four play 61-yard drive that lasted one minute and 54 seconds.
- A stripped sack by Barden, recovered by Elvin Suazo on the AMCATS' 23-yard line setup Loureiro's 15-yard rushing touchdown pushing the Eagle lead to 14.
- On Anna Maria's next drive, the Eagle defense forced the AMCATS to punt the ball back to the Eagle offense. Seven plays later Brandon completed a 12-yard to pass to Halls for a 21-0 advantage with 5:56 left in the first.
- A Soyini interception gave the Eagles the ball right back and Brandon stuck quickly finding Robinson for a 40-yard touchdown pass giving the Eagles a 28-0 lead going into the second quarter.
- 16 seconds into the second quarter the AMCATS got onto the scoreboard on a 15-yard quarterback scramble by Cohen making the game 28-7 Husson.
- After the AMCATS forced the Eagles to punt after a rare three-out, Montford picked off Cohen and returned it 14-yards to the AMCAT 31 on the very first play of drive giving the Eagles excellent starting position once again. Six plays later, Hassen pushed himself the across goal line for a 1-yard touchdown run pushing the Eagle lead back to 28.
- Loureiro's second rushing touchdown of the game and a 7-yard touchdown pass from to Gaudet with one second left in the first half gave the Eagles a 47-7 lead at halftime.
- After a scoreless third quarter, the AMCATS and the Eagles exchange touchdowns in the fourth when Cohen completed a 13-yard touchdown pass to Braga with 11:53 left in game and Noel, Jr. capped off a nine play, 70-yard drive with a 16-yard rushing touchdown.
- Both defenses held each another scoreless for the final seven minutes and 30 seconds as the Eagles picked the victory in the final matchup between the AMCATS and the Eagles as conference foes.
- Husson accumulated 559 yards on offense, averaging 7.3 yards per play.
- Husson finished with 324 yards of passing (9.8 per pass) on 25-for-33 attempts, and rushed for 235 yards on 44 carries (5.3 per rush).
- The 25 passes that were completed off throws by Brandon, David Morrison, Frank Veino and Tim Albert set a new school record for most pass completions in a single-game.
- The Husson defense held the AMCATS to 224 yards of total offense (200 passing, 24 rushing), while forcing five turnovers and sacking the quarterback six times on the afternoon.
With the result, Husson approves to 9-2 in the history of the series with Anna Maria, while winning the last six matchups and 10-6 all-time in homecoming games.
The Eagles hit the road for their final ECFC road game at Castleton University next Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. This game marks the final battle in the storied rivialry between the Athletic Departments of Husson University and Castleton University as conference foes.